Rustic Strawberry-Almond Tart
Use flavorful ripe berries to make this simple free-form tart.
3 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup almond paste
2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 pints strawberries, sliced
1/2 (15 ounce) container refrigerated pie crusts
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F (225°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Process Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, cornstarch, almond paste, and butter in a food processor until crumbly.
- Combine Splenda® Granulated Sweetener mixture and strawberries in large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Unroll pie crust onto prepared pan. Place strawberry mixture in center of crust; fold edge of crust over filling to partially cover filling, pleating crust as necessary. Brush crust with egg white.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is well browned. Cool on parchment on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 220 | Calories from Fat 120 | Fat 13g (sat 3.0g) | Cholesterol 10mg | Sodium 190mg | Carbohydrates 22g | Fiber 2g | Sugars 1g | Protein 3g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.