Duck a La Clara
Two ducks, stuffed with unpeeled sliced apples and oranges, are baked for four hours until tender, deboned and added to a creamy oyster and mushroom sauce and served over wild rice.
1 pound celery
1 pound green onion - divided use
2 (approximately 4-pound) ducks
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 apples, unpeeled and sliced
3 oranges, unpeeled and sliced
2 cups orange juice
1/2 pound mushroom, sliced
3 tablespoons butter
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup water
2 cups oysters
1 (12-ounce) package wild rice mix, cooked according to package directions
- Line the bottom of a roasting pan with celery and 1/2 pound green onions.
- Season duck with salt and pepper. Stuff the ducks with the apple and orange slices. Place the ducks in the roasting pan and drizzle with orange juice. Cover and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 4 hours or until tender.
- Remove the ducks and discard the fruit and vegetables. Cool and debone.
- In a skillet sauté 1 cup chopped green onions and mushrooms in butter. Add cream of mushroom soup, water, and oysters; cook until heated. Stir until thoroughly combined. Add the duck meat and heat through.
- Serve over the cooked wild rice.
Makes 8 servings.