Asian Turkey Patties
Ground turkey lends itself wonderfully to traditional Asian flavors.
1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1 large egg
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
- In a bowl, mix together ground turkey, dry bread crumbs, and garlic salt.
- Form into patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the burgers for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, vinegar, and white pepper. Pour mixture over burgers and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat; add sliced celery ribs, sliced onion, and sliced green bell pepper. Simmer, covered, for 6 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.