Blue Ribbon Burgers
No, this burger didn't win a 'blue ribbon' at a country fair—instead, it's a 'ribbon' of creamy blue cheese that runs through the middle of these tasty ground beef burgers!
2 pounds ground beef
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
2 tablespoons blue cheese
1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
6 hamburger buns, split and toasted on the grill
- Preheat barbecue grill.
- In a large bowl mix together ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Shape into 12 thin patties, each about 4-inches in diameter.
- In a separate bowl mix together cream cheese and Blue cheese.
- Top each of 6 patties with the cheese mixture, spreading to within 1/2-inch of the edge; divide and press canned mushrooms into the cheese. Cover each with one of the remaining patties, sealing the edges firmly.
- Grill the patties 4 inches from the heat, turning once, until done and the cheese melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns.
Makes 6 servings.