Crunchy Teriyaki Burgers
Orange, garlic and molasses combine with the surprise crunch of water chestnuts for a burger with a delectable sweet and savory taste.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon molasses
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Combine ground beef and water chestnuts in a large mixing bowl. Shape meat mixture into 6 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick. Place the patties in an ungreased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl mix together soy sauce, orange juice, garlic, molasses, and ginger; pour over patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, turning the patties once.
- Once patties have finished marinating preheat barbecue grill.
- Remove the patties from the marinade and grill 4-inches from the heat until done; turning once (about 10 to 15 minutes). Brush frequently with the marinade.
- Serve on grill-toasted hamburger buns.
Makes 6 servings.