Easy Pizza Casserole
Your whole family will love this super easy, super yummy pizza casserole. Makes a great weekday or weekend meal.
1 pound bulk Italian sausage, or if using links, casings removed
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil - divided use
1 (16-ounce) package hot roll mix* (such as Pillsbury brand)
1 (14-ounce) jar marinara or spaghetti sauce**
1 (2-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese - divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
- In large skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium-high heat until done; drain well and set aside.
- Prepare hot roll mix as directed on package, except omit the egg and margarine, and use 1 cup hot water and 1 tablespoon oil. No need to let dough rise. Using your hands, spread the dough evenly onto the bottom and sides of the prepared baking dish.
- Brush dough with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese over dough. Spoon marinara sauce evenly over the cheese, layer the cooked sausage, olives and mushrooms over the sauce and sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over all.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is bubbly and crust has browned.
Makes 12 servings.
*Or substitute with a half batch of Pizza Dough 4-Ways.
**Tip: This is a great use for leftover spaghetti sauce; use approximately 2 cups sauce -- a little more or a little less won't mess up the outcome.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 273.2 calories; 42% calories from fat; 12.8g total fat; 32.5mg cholesterol; 640.8mg sodium; 272.2mg potassium; 22.0g carbohydrates; 0.6g fiber; 3.5g sugar; 21.4g net carbs; 17.2g protein.