Ground Pork Lasagna
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.
1 pound ground pork
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (26 to 30-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (14.5-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (15-ounce) carton ricotta cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 package uncooked lasagna noodles
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brown ground pork in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until pork is not pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Season with salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and red pepper.
- Combine ricotta cheese, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and egg in medium bowl.
- Spread 2 cup pork sauce in bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Top with 4 noodles, arranged lengthwise in single layer; place fifth noodle crosswise at end of dish, breaking noodle to fit. Press noodles lightly into sauce.
- Spread all the ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups sauce. Top with remaining noodles in single layer; press into sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven 45 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Let stand 15 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.