Mexican Turkey Meatballs with Creamy Salsa
Recipe courtesy of National Turkey Federation.
1 pound ground turkey
1 large egg, beaten
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 finely crushed ounces tortilla chips
3/4 cup non-fat sour cream
1/2 cup salsa
- In medium bowl, combine turkey, egg, garlic, onion, bread crumbs, chili powder and cumin. Mix well. Shape into about 36 (3/4-inch) balls.
- Place crushed chips on plate. Roll each meatball in chips, coating thoroughly.
- Lightly coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick vegetable cooking spray and arrange meatballs on pan.
- Bake at a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 20 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink in center and internal temperature registers 165°F (73.8°C).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Use as dip for meatballs.
Makes 36 meatballs.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 44; Total Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Total Carbs: 3g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 61mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Turkey Federation.