Pumpkin Sausage Lasagna
Robust in flavor, this hearty entrée features a saucy secret. With a unique combination of marinara sauce and pumpkin, the goodness of this festive dish wraps itself around layers of noodles and savory cheeses.
1 (15-ounce) container light ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
12 ounces sweet or hot light turkey sausage, casings removed
3/4 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (15-ounce) container BUITONI Refrigerated Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
8 no-boil lasagna noodles
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese - divided use
1/3 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and seasoning in medium bowl; mix well.
- Heat large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring to break into pieces, until browned. Transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add pumpkin, wine and broth to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until bubbly. Stir in sauce and sausage; heat through.
- Spread 1 cup sauce mixture over bottom of 11 x 7-inch or 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread 1 cup ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Spread 1 cup sauce mixture over mozzarella cheese; top with remaining 4 lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Pour water around edges of lasagna. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe):Calories: 380 Calories from Fat: 140 Total Fat: 15 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 95 mg Sodium: 1000 mg Carbohydrates: 28 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 8 g Protein: 27 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.