"The great thing about this recipe is that you can substitute the ground beef for any kind of meat. You can substitute the soup for Rotel (canned tomatoes with chiles). I add other spices to it like rosemary, parsley, oregano and even cumin and cilantro is great. Let your imagination go wild with it...and it's so quick." Recipe submitted by Crystal Broniste, Missouri.
3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 pound ground beef (or any other meat you would like to use)
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
1 (10-ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Grease a 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Layer sliced potatoes in prepared baking dish.
- Crumble the round beef (raw) over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of ground beef.
- Layer the sliced onions on top of beef.
- Spread the kidney beans on top of onions.
- Pour the undiluted soup on top of kidney beans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 1 hour.
Makes 4 servings.