Cocoa Party Mix
If the party hasn't started...it will when you bring out this tasty cocoa snack mix!
3 cups toasted oat cereal rings
3 cups bite-size crisp wheat squares cereal
2 cups salted peanuts
2 cups miniature pretzels or thin pretzel sticks
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 to 4 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Combine cereals, peanuts, pretzels and raisins in large bowl.
- Combine melted butter, cocoa and sugar; stir into cereal mixture.
- Toss until ingredients are well coated.
- Pour mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Makes about 10 cups snack mix.
MICROWAVE INSTRUCTIONS: Place butter in 4-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until melted; stir in sugar and cocoa. Add cereals, peanuts and pretzels; stir until well coated. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes, stirring every minute; stir in raisins. Microwave at HIGH 3 additional minutes, stirring every minute. Cool completely. Store in airtight container. Makes about 10 cups snack mix.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.