California Chocolate Bars
Orange-scented chocolate bars loaded with dried fruits and nuts and topped with a milk chocolate glaze!
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
MILK CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg in large bowl until fluffy. Add orange peel and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in apricots, walnuts and chocolates; spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bars begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare MILK CHOCOLATE GLAZE; drizzle over top. Allow to set; cut into bars.
Makes about 16 bars.
MILK CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Place 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates and 3/4 teaspoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 45 seconds or until chocolates are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
Recipe courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.