Championship Chocolate Chip Bars
These winning chocolate chip bars will score you extra points on game day!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - divided use
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Stir together flour and brown sugar in medium bowl; cut in cold butter until crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips; press mixture on bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups chips and nuts.
- Spread evenly over hot baked crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.