Chewy Toffee Almond Bars
These bars have a buttery shortbread crust topped with a toffee filling laced with sliced almonds and coconut and topped off with more sliced almonds and coconut.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups (8-ounce package) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sliced almonds - divided use
3/4 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease sides of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until well blended. Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Combine toffee bits and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until toffee is melted (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Stir in 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup coconut. Spread toffee mixture to within 1/4-inch of edges of crust.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup almonds and remaining 1/4 cup coconut over top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.