Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream cheese contributes to the flavor, moistness and chewy texture of these chocolate frosted brownies.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon light corn syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture until well blended. Stir in nuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or just until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare BROWNIE FROSTING; spread over brownies. Cut into bars.
- For BROWNIE FROSTING: Beat butter and cocoa in small bowl until blended; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add 1 tablespoon milk and corn syrup, if desired; beat until smooth and of spreading consistency. Add additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, if needed. Makes about 1 cup frosting.
Makes about 36 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.