Chocolate Fruit Bars
These festive bars are perfect for the holidays with a cocoa-infused vanilla wafer crumb crust topped with peanut butter chips, red and green candied cherries and chopped dates.
2 cups (about 60 wafers) vanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2/3 cup cold butter or margarine
1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
1/2 cup candied green cherries, halved
1/2 cup candied red cherries, halved
1/2 cup chopped dates
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, cocoa and sugar in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Press evenly on bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips, cherries and dates over crust.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over fruit. Sprinkle pecans on top; press down lightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges of filling are lightly browned and center is bubbly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cover with foil; let stand at room temperature 6 to 8 hours. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
Makes about 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.