Chocolate Macaroon Bars
These scrumptious bars boast a cocoa-enhanced graham cracker crust beneath a coconut macaroon topping studded with miniature semisweet chocolate chips.
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 2/3 cups MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
2 cups fresh white bread crumbs (about 5 slices)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup HERSHEY'S MINI CHIPS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cocoa and butter in large bowl; press firmly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut, bread crumbs, eggs, vanilla and small chocolate chips in medium bowl; stir until blended. Spoon evenly over prepared crust.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.