Easy Bake Shoppe Marbled Brownies
Sure to be a hit, these brownies have a cheesecake-like mixture swirled throughout the batter to create a marbled effect.
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons water
1 2/3 cups HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - divided use
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Marble (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Marble; set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; immediately add 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until melted.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla until blended; gradually add flour mixture, blending well.
- Spread 2/3 of chocolate batter into prepared pan.
- Spoon Cream Cheese Marble over chocolate; drop spoonfuls of remaining chocolate batter onto cream cheese. Gently swirl chocolate batter into cream cheese with spatula.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Remove from pan; peel off foil. Cut into squares.
Makes about 18 brownies.
Cream Cheese Marble: Beat 1 (3-ounce) package softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in small bowl until smooth. Add 1 large egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well. Stir in remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips from brownie recipe.
Mint Variation: Substitute 1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Mint Chocolate Chips . Add 2 drops green food color to Cream Cheese Marble, if desired.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.