Fudgey Chocolate Cookie Bars
Fudge and nut-topped chocolate cookie bars.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 cup cold butter or margarine
2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - divided use
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Stir together flour, sugar and cocoa in medium bowl; cut in butter until crumbly (mixture will be dry).
- Press firmly on bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted.
- Pour evenly over prepared crust. Top with nuts and remaining 1 cup chips; press down firmly.
- Bake 20 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate, if desired.
- Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
Makes about 2 dozen bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.