Fudgey Special Dark Brownies
Rich dark cocoa brownies studded with dark chocolate chips.
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted - divided use
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup butter. Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup butter; stir until smooth.
- Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost if desired. Cut into squares.
Makes about 36 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.