Mocha Brownie Bars
Mocha brownie bars topped with mocha frosting.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1/4 cup coffee liqueur or 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon warm water
2 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose biscuit baking mix
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 tablespoon warm water
1 tablespoon coffee liqueur or 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon warm water
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sweetened condensed milk, liqueur, eggs, baking mix, cocoa and vanilla in large bowl; mix well. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost with Mocha Frosting. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
- For Mocha Frosting: Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in cocoa, water and liqueur. Remove from heat. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until of spreading consistency. Add additional warm water if needed.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.