Peanut Butter Krispy Bites
Peanut butter crispy treats with a decorative chocolate drizzle.
1/4 cup butter or margarine
40 large marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter or REESE'S Crunchy Peanut Butter
5 cups crisp rice cereal
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE (optional, recipe follows)
- Butter 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Melt butter in large saucepan, over low heat.
- Add marshmallows; cook, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter; stir until melted.
- Add cereal; stir until well coated. Immediately press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Cool; cut into squares or triangles.
- Drizzle with CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE, if desired.
Makes about 24 squares.
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: Place 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips and 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.