Quick & Easy Fudgey Brownies
Easy chewy fudge brownies with variations.
4 (1-ounce each) bars HERSHEY'S Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces
3/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Place chocolate and butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Add sugar; stir with spoon until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour and nuts, if desired; stir until well blended.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost brownies, if desired. Cut into squares.
Makes about 24 brownies.
- Chippy Chewy Brownies: Prepare brownies as directed, stirring in 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips with flour. Bake as directed.
- Cake-like Brownies: Stir in 1/2 cup milk with eggs and vanilla. Increase flour to 1 1/2 cups. Bake as directed.
- Cream Cheese Brownies: Prepare brownies as directed, using 4 eggs. Spread in prepared pan. Beat 1 (8-ounce) package softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons flour. Spoon mixture over brownie batter; swirl with knife to marble. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Rocky Road Brownies: Prepare brownies as directed; bake 30 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with 2 cups miniature marshmallows, 1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 cup chopped nuts over brownies. Bake another 3 minutes or until topping melts together.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.