Rich Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
Decadently rich bars loaded with chocolate chips and toffee bits.
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 large egg, slightly beaten
2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - divided use
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 cups (8-ounce package) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour and brown sugar in large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix well.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts; set aside 1 1/2 cups mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over hot crust; set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits.
- Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over sweetened condensed milk. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup chips over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Top with reserved toffee bits. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 48 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.