Sensational Peppermint Pattie Brownies
York Peppermint Patties are layered in the center of these chewy brownies.
24 small (1 1/2-inch) YORK Peppermint Patties
1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, melted
3 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
5 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).(325°F (160°C). for glass baking dish).
- Remove wrappers from peppermint patties.
- Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; beat until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; blend well. Reserve 2 cups batter.
- Spread remaining batter in prepared pan. Arrange peppermint patties about 1/2-inch apart in single layer over batter. Spread reserved 2 cups batter over patties.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into squares.
Makes about 36 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.