Super Chocolate Snack Bars
A chocolate crust is topped with miniature marshmallows and coconut, a chocolate filling and lastly, chopped nuts and crushed pretzels.
2 cups (about 60 wafers) vanilla wafer crumbs, crushed
1 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa - divided use
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup cold butter or margarine - divided use
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1 cup crushed thin pretzels or pretzel sticks (about 1/2-inch pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease bottom and sides of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together crumbs, 1/2 cup cocoa and sugar; cut in 3/4 cup butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Press evenly on bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of prepared pan. Sprinkle marshmallows and coconut over chocolate layer.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, remaining 1/2 cup cocoa and remaining 1/4 cup butter in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture is smooth when stirred; evenly pour over coconut.
- Sprinkle evenly with nuts and pretzel pieces; press down firmly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or just until bubbly on top. Cool completely; cut into bars. Store leftover bars tightly covered at room temperature.
Makes about 3 dozen bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.