White Chip Lemon Bars
A buttery shortbread crust is topped with a lemon filling studded with white chips.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour - divided use
1 cup granulated sugar - divided use
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter with two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press mixture onto bottom of 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; sprinkle white chips over top.
- Stir together eggs, lemon juice, lemon peel, remaining 1/4 cup flour and remaining 3/4 cup sugar in medium bowl; carefully pour over chips and crust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack; sift powdered sugar over top. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.
Makes about 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.