This delicious orange-scented fresh cranberry quick bread is laced with mini chocolate chips and topped with an easy powdered sugar glaze.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
1 cup HERSHEY'S MINI CHIPS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup chopped nuts
Powdered Sugar Glaze (optional, recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
- Add orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg; stir with spoon until well blended. Stir in cranberries, small chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 5 to 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Prepare Powdered Sugar Glaze, if desired; spread over top of loaf. Cool completely.
Makes 1 loaf (14 servings).
Powdered Sugar Glaze: Beat 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon softened butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth. (If thinner glaze is desired; add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.) Makes about 1/2 cup glaze.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.