A lowfat chocolate muffin that's moist AND yummy? YES!!! Time to do the happy dance!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt
2/3 cup nonfat milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; stir in yogurt, milk and vanilla just until combined. Do not beat.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Remove from pans.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over tops of muffins, if desired. Serve warm. Store, covered, at room temperature or freeze in airtight container for longer storage.
Makes 14 muffins.
Recipe courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.