Cherry Glazed Chocolate Torte
This easy fudgey torte is topped with a layer of whipped topping and then cherry pie filling.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease bottom only of 9-inch springform pan.
- Stir together butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; using spoon, beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is set. (Cake is fudgey and will not test done.) Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended; gradually fold in whipped topping, blending well. Spread over top of cake. Spread 1 cup cherry pie filling over cream layer; refrigerate several hours.
- With knife, loosen cake from side of pan; remove side of pan. Cut into wedges; garnish with remaining pie filling. Cover and refrigerate leftover dessert.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.