Frosty Tunnels of Fudge Cake
This simple recipe is a fudgey twist on classic poke cakes, using a jar of chocolate fudge topping, then easily frosted with whipped topping and a quick garnish of chocolate sprinkles.
1 (18.25-ounce) package white or yellow cake mix
1 (16-ounce) jar HERSHEY'S Chocolate Shoppe Fudge Topping (Hot Fudge*, Double Chocolate Fudge or Fat Free Hot Fudge*)
1 (8-ounce) tub frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
HERSHEY'S Chocolate Shoppe Sprinkles
- Prepare cake batter (according to package directions).
- Bake in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan (according to package directions). Remove from oven; do not remove cake from pan.
- Using handle of wooden spoon, immediately poke holes through top of cake to bottom of pan, spacing holes about 1-inch apart, covering length and width of cake. Immediately spread or pour fudge topping evenly over cake, making sure entire top is covered and mixture has flowed into holes.
- Cool completely on wire rack; spread whipped topping evenly over top of cake.
- Cover cake; refrigerate several hours or overnight until well chilled.
- Garnish with sprinkles. Cover; refrigerate leftover cake.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
*Hot Fudge Variation: Bake and poke holes in cake as directed above. Place open jar HERSHEY'S Chocolate Shoppe Fudge Topping (Hot Fudge flavors) in microwave oven; heat as directed on label. Carefully spread fudge topping on cake; proceed as directed above.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.