Mexican Cocoa Torte
Four yummy layers of cinnamon and mocha-flavored pastry are filled and topped with fluffy cocoa whipped cream and garnished with mini chocolate chips.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 cup strong coffee
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (11-ounce) package pie crust mix
2 cups cold whipping cream
HERSHEY'S MINI CHIPS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (garnish)
- In small saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, coffee, shortening and cinnamon. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and creamy. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir together pie crust mix and 3/4 cup of the cocoa mixture, blending well. Shape into smooth ball; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two cookie sheets with foil; mark two 8-inch circles on each.
- Cut pastry ball into 4 pieces; form each into small ball. Place balls of pastry on foil; press with fingers into marked circles.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost set; cool on cookie sheets.
- In small bowl, combine whipping cream and remaining cocoa mixture; beat until stiff.
- Place one pastry round on serving plate; spread with one-fourth whipped cream mixture. Repeat layering with remaining three rounds and whipped cream mixture, ending with whipped cream. Refrigerate several hours; cut in wedges to serve.
- Garnish with small chocolate chips.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.