Monogrammed Mini Chocolate Cakes
Miniature chocolate glazed cakes decorated with icing monograms.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/3 cup dairy sour cream
Cocoa Glaze (recipe follows)
Decorating icing in tube, desired color
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine butter, water and cocoa in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; remove from heat.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Stir in hot cocoa mixture. Add egg and sour cream; beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack; carefully remove parchment paper. Cool completely.
- Cut cake into small pieces each about 2 x 1 3/4-inches. (Cake will be easier to cut if frozen for several hours or up to several days.) Place on cooling rack.
- Prepare Cocoa Glaze; spoon over top of each piece of cake, allowing glaze to run down sides. Allow glaze to set.
- Garnish with monogram, using decorating icing. Place in foil cup, if desired.
Makes about 24 mini cakes.
Cocoa Glaze: Bring 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup butter to boil in small saucepan. Stir in 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Gradually add 3 cups powdered sugar, stirring with whisk until smooth. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Makes about 1 1/2 cups glaze.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.