Cheery Cherry Almond-Topped Fudge
There are two layers of yum in this super easy cherry-topped almond fudge.
1 (8-ounce) can almond paste
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk - divided use
Few drops red food color
1 3/4 cups HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Red candied cherry halves (garnish)
Sliced almonds (garnish)
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Beat almond paste and 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk in small bowl until blended. Add food color; beat until well blended. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until stiff.
- Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining sweetened condensed milk in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or just until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Spread over top of almond paste layer. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Use foil to lift fudge out of pan; peel off foil. Cut fudge into squares; garnish with candied cherry halves and sliced almonds. Store in tightly covered conatiner in refrigerator.
Makes about 4 dozen pieces.
Note: For best results, do not double this recipe.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.