Chocolate Cherry Fudge 1
Quick and easy chocolate fudge, laced with bits of maraschino cherries and pecan pieces.
1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
1/2 cup butter
3 2/3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup pecan pieces
1 teaspoon almond extract
Maraschino cherry halves, well drained (optional)
Slivered almonds (optional)
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil.
- Lightly press chopped cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until melted; stir in powdered sugar, cocoa and evaporated milk until well blended. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes; stir vigorously. Microwave at HIGH an additional 30 seconds at a time, until mixture is hot, slightly thickened and smooth when stirred. Do NOT boil.
- Stir in chopped cherries, pecans and almond extract.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Remove foil; cut into squares.
- Garnish with cherry halves and slivered almonds pressed lightly onto fudge, if desired. Serve cold; refrigerate leftover fudge.
Makes about 4 dozen pieces.
Note: For best results, do not double this recipe.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.