Chocolate Marzipan Strawberries
Deliciously fun, cocoa-infused marzipan candy. Use this malleable almond candy dough to make whimsical shapes for garnishing desserts.
1 (8-ounce) can almond paste
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup marshmallow creme
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa
Few drops red food color
Few drops green food color
- Cover tray with wax paper.
- In medium bowl, crumble almond paste into small pieces. With heavy spoon, beat in corn syrup and marshmallow creme.
- In small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and cocoa; gradually knead into almond paste mixture until smooth. Cover to keep moist for shaping.
- Reserve 1/4 cup dough; shape remaining dough into strawberries. Roll over grater to make textured surface.
- Using fine brush, tint berries with red food color diluted with water; place on prepared tray.
- Using lightly cornstarch-dusted cutting board, roll reserved dough 1/8-inch thick; cut tiny stars for each berry.
- Using fine brush, tint stars with green food color diluted with water; press onto large end of each berry. Let dry on tray.
- For Chocolate Marzipan Eggs: Prepare mixture as directed, but shape into small eggs; place on prepared tray.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, place 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine or oil).
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds to 1 minute or until chocolate is melted when stirred; spoon into corner of heavy duty plastic bag. Cut off small piece at corner; squeeze onto eggs in decorative design.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen candies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.