Foolproof Fudge Cut-Outs
This fudge never fails to set up and is perfect for making fun cut-out shapes to suit the occasion. Recipe includes flavor variations.
3 cups (1 1/2 packages, 12-ounces each) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. Microwave an additional 15 to 30 seconds or just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Stir in walnuts, if desired, and vanilla.
- Immediately spread evenly in prepared pan. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Use foil to lift fudge out of pan; place on cutting board. Peel off foil.
- With cookie cutters, cut into favorite shapes. Store tightly covered in cool, dry place.
Makes about 2 pounds fudge.
Conventional Directions: Melt chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over lowest heat. Remove from heat; stir in walnuts, if desired and vanilla. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
Variations: Use the following instead of chocolate chips:
- Butterscotch Fudge: Substitute 3 cups (almost two 11-ounce packages) HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips.
- Peanut Butter Fudge: Substitute 2 1/2 cups (about 1 1/2 10-ounce packages) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips.
- White Fudge: Substitute 3 cups (1 1/2 12-ounce packages) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.