Got the munchies for something sweet and crunchy? Try these quick and easy sweet treats!
1 1/2 cups (3-ounce can) chow mein noodles
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (Do Not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Line tray with wax paper.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, place peanut butter chips and shortening.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Immediately add chow mein noodles; stir to coat.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared tray or into paper candy cups. Let stand until firm. If necessary, cover and refrigerate several minutes until firm. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes about 2 dozen treats.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.