Hanukkah Dreidel Brownies
A sheet pan of brownies is trimmed and frosted to resemble a large dreidel.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips - divided use
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
1 (4.25-ounce) tube royal blue decorating icing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan completely with foil, leaving extra on sides for handles.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or just until brownies begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Invert brownie onto serving tray; peel off foil.
- Shape into dreidel: About 3-inches from bottom of each long side, cut triangular pieces to bottom center, forming point of dreidel. Cut about 1-inch from top edge; cut in half and attach 1 piece as handle.
- Place 1 cup white chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute; stir until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred. Spread on dreidel, about 1-inch from top and 2 sides, forming 7-inch square. Decorate with remaining white chips and decorating icing, if desired.
- Cut into bars to serve.
Makes about 3 dozen brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.