Merry Chocolate Nut Clusters
Clusters of lightly salted peanuts coated in a mixture of semisweet chocolate and white chips, with each cluster garnished with a single plain peanut.
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
2 1/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) lightly salted peanuts - divided use
- Place chocolate chips, white chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Reserve 1/4 cup peanuts for garnish; stir remaining peanuts into chocolate mixture.
- Drop by teaspoons into 1-inch diameter candy papers; top each candy with a reserved peanut.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, until chocolate is set, about 1 hour. Store in airtight container in cool, dry place.
Makes about 3 dozen candies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.