Tombstone Brownies 2
A fun and tasty treat for Halloween, brownie "tombstones" are presented atop a "grassy" green tinted coconut cementary.
9 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Tombstone Chocolates - divided use
9 HERSHEY'S Cookies 'n Creme Tombstone Candies - divided use
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12 to 16-ounce) can ready-to-spread chocolate frosting or about 2 cups of your favorite chocolate frosting
Green tinted coconut*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 8 or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil beyond pan sides. Lightly grease foil.
- Unwrap and coarsely chop 4 milk chocolate tombstone chocolates and 4 cookies 'n creme tombstone candies; set aside.
- Stir together melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; stir until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; blend well. Stir in reserved chopped candies. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Lift brownie from pan and place on cutting board. Remove foil; cut brownie in half and then cut each half into 5 sections about 1 1/2 x 4 inches.
- Frost tops only of each brownie with chocolate frosting. Place dollop of chocolate frosting on one end of each brownie; place unwrapped tombstone candy into dollop. Place two wooden picks** directly behind tombstone and into brownie for support. Sprinkle frosting with green tinted coconut to resemble grass on grave.
Makes 16 tombstone brownies.
*To tint coconut, combine several drops green food color with 1/2 teaspoon water in small bowl, small jar with cover or re-sealable plastic food storage bag; add 1 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes. Stir or shake until coconut is evenly tinted.
**Remove wooden picks before eating.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.