Choco-Scotch Banana Bites
Everyone will love these frozen chocolate and butterscoth-dipped banana bites on a stick.
4 medium-size bananas
Plastic straws, cut into 2-inch pieces, or lollipop sticks
1 cup HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips - divided use
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S MINI CHIPS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - divided use
4 teaspoons vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) - divided use
- Cover tray with wax paper.
- Peel bananas; cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Place straw piece halfway into each banana piece. Place on prepared tray; cover and freeze until firm.
- Coarsely chop 1/2 cup butterscotch chips; set aside in small bowl. Coarsely chop 1/2 cup chocolate chips; set aside in separate small bowl.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, place remaining 1/2 cup butterscotch chips and 2 teaspoons shortening. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. Continue heating 15 seconds at a time or until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred.
- Covering each banana piece completely, dip half of banana pieces into butterscotch mixture; roll in chopped chocolate chips. Place back on prepared tray. Cover; return to freezer until set.
- Repeat melting procedure with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and remaining 2 teaspoons shortening.
- Coat remaining banana pieces; roll in chopped butterscotch chips. Cover; return to freezer.
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen snacks.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.