Fudgey Brownie Cut-Outs
These low-fat fudge brownies can be cut in squares, or in fun, festive shapes the kids will love!
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 cup applesauce
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over sides of pan; spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour and cocoa in small bowl. Add applesauce, egg whites and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
- Stir in nuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Place in freezer about 15 minutes for easier cutting. Lift brownies from pan using sides of foil; carefully peel off foil.
- Cut into squares or other desired shapes with small cookie cutters.
- Sift powdered sugar over tops of brownies. Store, covered, at room temperature.
Makes 16 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.