Rich Chocolate Mini-Cakes
Miniature chocolate cakes coated in chocolate glaze and decoratively drizzled with white glaze.
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Glaze (recipe follows)
White Drizzle (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease small muffin cups (1 3/4-inches in diameter).
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add water, oil and vanilla; stir or whisk until batter is smooth and well blended. (Batter will be thin.) Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pan on wire rack 3 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare Chocolate Glaze; dip rounded portion of cakes into glaze or spread glaze on tops. Place on wax-paper-covered tray; refrigerate 10 minutes to set glaze.
- Prepare White Drizzle; drizzle onto mini-cakes.
Makes about 2 dozen mini-cakes.
Chocolate Glaze: Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in small saucepan over low heat; add 2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa and 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and slightly thickened; do not boil. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, beating with whisk until smooth and slightly thickened. Makes about 3/4 cup glaze.
White Drizzle: Microwave 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips and 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds or just until chips are melted and smooth when stirred.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.