Peanut Butter Chip Brittle
Buttery sweet, crunchy brittle topped with creamy peanut butter chips.
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips - divided use
1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
3 tablespoons water
- Butter a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan.*
- Sprinkle 1 cup peanut butter chips evenly onto bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy 2 1/2-quart saucepan; stir in sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 300°F (150°C) on candy thermometer; this should take 30 to 35 minutes. (Bulb of thermometer should NOT rest on bottom of saucepan.)
- Remove from heat. Immediately spread mixture into prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup peanut butter chips, do not spread. Cool completely.
- Remove from pan. Break into pieces. Store in tightly covered container in cool, dry place.
Makes about 2 pounds brittle.
*For thicker brittle, use a 13 x 9-inch pan.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.