All American Layered Gelatin
An easy gelatin treat layered with patriotic colors of red, white and blue. Tip: Embellish this gelatin dish with the addition of color-matching fruits to each layer of gelatin.
Recipe Ingredients:1 (6-ounce) package blue colored gelatin
1 (6-ounce) package red colored gelatin
1 (3.25-ounce) package lemon gelatin
1 (8-ounce) tub nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine blue gelatin mix with 1 1/2 cups boiling water, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Stir 1 1/2 cups ice cold water. Refrigerate blue gelatin in bowl for 45 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, combine red gelatin mix with 1 1/2 cups boiling water, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in 1 1/2 cups ice water. Pour red gelatin into a 13x9x2-inch glass dish. Refrigerate 45 minutes until set but not firm.
- Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, combine lemon gelatin mix with 1 cup boiling water, stirring until dissolved. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites), stirring occasionally. Stir in whipped topping with a wire whisk. Gently spread lemon gelatin mixture over the red gelatin in dish. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set but not firm.
- Gently spoon thickened blue gelatin over the lemon gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight until firm. Cut into squares.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.