Apple Wassail Bowl
A festively aromatic hot, mulled apple cider punch for the holidays.
Recipe Ingredients:6 small tart apples
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 quart apple cider
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups dry sherry
4 thin lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 10 x 6 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan.
- Core and halve apples, arrange (cut side up) in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Just before serving, pour cider in saucepan and heat to just below boiling point. Stir in remaining ingredients over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove lemon slices. Pour mixture into punch bowl.
- Garnish with apple halves.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Fruit From Washington.com.