Bunny Citrus Mallow Mold
Don't wait for Easter to serve this delicious gelatin salad, it's wonderful served anytime of the year.
1 cup boiling water
1 (3.25-ounce) package lime gelatin
3/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 (8-ounce each) cans crushed pineapple, drained
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
Bunny shaped marshmallows for garnish (optional)
- In medium bowl, stir boiling water into dry gelatin until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water and juice.
- In large bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy; gradually add gelatin to cream cheese, mixing until well blended. Refrigerate until thickened, but not firmly set.
- Fold in the pineapple, marshmallows and pecans, blending well.
- Spoon into 6-cup ring mold sprayed with cooking spray, or simply a glass serving dish.
- Refrigerate several hours or until firm. Unmold onto serving plate and garnish with bunnyshaped marshmallows, if desired. Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator.
Makes 10 servings.