Cakey Chocolate Valentine Decadence Bars
With chocolate in every bite, these are perfect bars for your chocoholic Valentine.
30 NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Hearts, unwrapped
NESTLÉ Milk Chocolate Hearts*
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (175°C).
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until combined. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Nestlé Hearts. Press into 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Makes 25 to 30 cookies.
*NESTLÉ Hearts are available mid-January through mid-February.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.