Choo Choo Train Cake
This train cake is the perfect birthday cake for your little engineer-in-training.
1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
5 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
4 WONKA BOTTLE CAPS
1 NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Fun Size Bar
5 NERDS Ropes
1 small bag NESTLÉ CRUNCH Pieces
1 small bag SweeTARTS Gummy Bugs
1 small bag NESTLÉ RAISINETS
1 large box WONKA NERDS
1 small bag NESTLÉ GOOBERS
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- For Cake: Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Divide batter between prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Trim top of each loaf cake until leveled and cakes are rectangular (save trimmings). Cut each loaf into three equal rectangles to form 6 "train cars".
- For Frosting: Mix baking cocoa and sugar in small mixer bowl. Beat cream in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in cocoa mixture until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
- To Assemble: Cover 30 x 7-inch piece of cardboard with foil. Place cakes on prepared board to form a train. Cut the saved trimmings into rectangles to stack on top of the first cake to form the engine car.
- Frost top and sides of cakes generously with frosting. Decorate each side of each car with SweeTarts to form wheels. Use Bottle Caps for the lights on the front of the engine car and the back of the last car. Place Butterfinger on its side on the front of the engine car to form a smokestack. To form the railway track, line Nerd Ropes along the two sides of the entire train. Fill top of remaining 5 cars with the remaining assorted candies to form beds of candy cargo. Candles can be placed on top of each train car.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: Cake can be made the previous day. Cake can be frosted up to 4 hours before serving. Decorate train up to 1 hour before serving to prevent candy from softening in the refrigerator.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.